BogeyBoy has a bogey-licious super power, but we can make some super squidgy Bogey Balls to play with! Kneading, rolling, squeezing, squashing and splatting your Bogey Balls might make you feel a little better if you are feeling worried or anxious.
You Will Need:
- 250g plain flour
- 50g salt
- Around 140ml water
- 1 to 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Green food colouring
- 1 big bowl
- 1 wooden spoon
- 1 grown-up assistant
What To Do:
- Mix together the flour and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour in the water and oil.
- Now comes the sticky bit! Use your SUPER strength to knead the mixture until it is smooth. This may take about 10 minutes.
- You can add a little more flour or water until it feels smooth, but not sticky.
- Add the green food colouring and knead until it all looks the same bogey green. You can wear gloves if you don’t want to get green fingers.
- Wash your hands with soap and water.
- Now you can squeeze and squidge and shape your Bogey Balls! Or ask your grown-up if they can print out the Bogey Ball Target and see how good your Bogey Ball aim is!
Did You Know?
BogeyBoy’s Super Bogeys trap baddies and keep the world safe, but did you know that our own snot and bogies do a similar thing inside our own body?
Snot and bogies are made from mucus. Mucus is a sticky slime made by your body – it’s inside your nose, your airways and your digestive system.
The air we breathe contains lots of tiny things, like dirt, dust, germs and pollen. If they were to reach the lungs, they could make it hard for us to breathe.
This is where our Super Snot comes to the rescue!
Super Snot catches all these tiny things, trapping them in our nose, so they don’t reach our lungs. Hooray!
Then even more mucus surrounds whatever has been trapped, and the tiny hairs inside our nose move the snot and trapped stuff towards the front of our nose (as drippy nose slime) or towards our throat. If this mucus dries up, it forms bogeys! (Which should NEVER be thrown around!)
Remember, your snot and bogies should ALWAYS be caught in a tissue and thrown in a bin!
Why Not Try?
Want to see how bogeys pick up dirt and germs? Why not experiment with your Bogey Ball to see how well it works? Try using glitter, or a different colour of dough. Then simply roll the bogey ball over it and watch it catch it and trap it inside.
Want to make a baddie out of your dough? Just add different food colouring to create lots of different coloured dough and then see what weird and wacky baddies you can create!