To celebrate the very exciting launch of my debut picture book, Superheroes Don't Get Scared, I am running a Design Your Own Superhero Competition!
It's SUPER fun and easy to enter and is open to all UK residents aged under 13! All you have to do is:
- Design your very own superhero. The more imaginative the better! Make sure the drawing shows the Superhero's name, their power(s), and, because this book is all about facing your fears, the drawing should show the Superhero's fear and how they face this fear.
- Put your child's first name and age on their entry.
- Then launch a photo of the superhero over to me on social media with the hashtag #SuperheroesDontGetScared, making sure to tag @TriggerPub and Kate Thompson so I definitely see it! You can tag me using the following accounts:
- Entries must be posted by 11.59 BST on 30th September 2020.
- I will choose three winners after the closing date and notify you by direct message to arrange signing details and delivery.
You can use this form or create your own design from scratch. It's up to you! Competition T&Cs
Competition Terms and Conditions
- The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged under 13.
- The competition is being run across Twitter, Instagram and Facebook under the following channels:
- Twitter: @writes_kate / @TriggerPub
- Instagram: @katethompsonwrites / @triggerpub
- Facebook: @KThompsonAuthor / @triggerpub
- The competition will run from 3rd September 2020 to 11.59pm BST on 30th September 2020. Any entries received after the closing date will not be considered.
- To enter, please complete the following steps:
- Either download our entry template or create your own on a plain piece of paper (listing the following details: superhero name, super power, superhero fear, how your superhero faces their fear plus a drawing of your superhero). If children are not able to write yet, their superhero’s fear can be drawn.
- Post a picture of your superhero to social media (Twitter, Instagram or Facebook) with #SuperheroesDontGetScared, and tag in both of the channels above. Please include the child’s name and age in your entry.
- Alternatively, send a copy of your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the child’s name and age in your entry.
- Only one entry per person will be accepted. Multiple entries may be sent in the same email or post if submitting on behalf of multiple children.
- Three winners will be chosen on 1st October 2020. They will be notified by direct message or return email.
- Winners will receive a signed copy of Superheroes Don’t Get Scared by Kate Thompson, illustrated by Clare Elsom. No cash or other alternatives will be offered.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her first name and age in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.